Sunday 21 April 2013

Lemon Trees From Seed

I thought I'd have a go at growing a lemon tree from seed.  I'm not expecting to have lemons anytime soon but I can't resist an experiment.

I dried off some seeds and peeled the outer husk off
 Then I put them onto some damp kitchen roll and placed them into a plastic bag and left them to sprout.
 Put them into some pots of compost and put those into a homemade propagater.
 And I am now the proud owner of these little beauties...
 You can't really tell from this photo but they have the most amazing glossy leaves.

 

3 comments:

For The Record - VVG's Sowing and Growing in 2012 said...

Fabulous - I tried and failed when Mr VVG threw out my pips on kitchen roll. I wouldn't mind, but he's not usually tidy.

Ananke said...

Sounds like Mr VVG and Mr Ananke have a lot in common :)

Mandy S said...

These look wonderful! (Noosner from GYO forum)